The Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) Sensor measures the ability of a solution to act as an oxidizing or reducing agent. Use the ORP Sensor to measure the oxidizing ability of chlorine in swimming pools or to determine when the equivalence point has been reached in an oxidation-reduction reaction.
Specifications (Source: Vernier.com)
- Type: Sealed, gel-filled, epoxy body, Ag/AgCl reference
- Storage solution: pH-4/KCl solution (10 g KCl in 100 mL buffer pH-4 solution)
- Cable: 1 meter coaxial cable with BNC connector
- Redox potential range: -450 to +1100 mV
- ORP element: 99% pure platinum band sealed on a glass stem