The Barometer can be used to measure and monitor atmospheric pressure. It works well for conducting weather studies or for experiments that involve pressures close to normal atmospheric pressure. It can also be used as an altimeter if you have a portable interface.
Specifications (Source: Vernier.com)
- Sensing Element: SenSym SDX15A4
- Pressure Range (as shipped): 0.8 to 1.05 atm (25 to 31.5 in of Hg)
- Maximum pressure that the sensor can tolerate without permanent damage: 2.04 atm or 61 in of Hg
- Sensitivity: 436 mV/in of Hg to 13.06 V/atm.
- Typical Resolution: 1.0026 X 10-4 atm (0.003 in of Hg)
- Combined Linearity and Hysteresis: Typical ±0.1% full scale, maximum ±0.5% full scale
- Response Time: 100 microseconds